- Antimicrobial, antiseptic, antibacterial, antirheumatic, antispasmodic, antitoxic properties
• Stimulates the immune system, particularly useful for preventing and alleviating chills, colds, flu, and infectious diseases
• Aids in treating respiratory issues such as asthma, bronchitis, catarrh, coughs, laryngitis, sinusitis, sore throat
• Relieves digestive problems such as flatulence, indigestion, diarrhoea
• One of the best choices for counteracting obesity and oedema
• Helps alleviate arthritis, gout and muscular aches and pain
• Effective in treating skin problems such as acne, dermatitis, abscess, burns
• Helps fight lice and alleviate insect bites
• Very effective in treating infections gum infections
This oil is steam-distilled from one of the earliest medicinal plants in European herbal medicine. Thyme linalool (or Sweet Thyme) is more delicate than other Thyme chemotypes and thus safe for use in skin care and with children.
Note: Sweet, mild, non-irritant
Blends well with:Bergamot, Lemon, Rosemary, Rosemary, Lavender, Pine
To relieve cold and flu related respiratory issues, add 1 drop (for children) respectively 2 drops (for adults) of Thyme linalool oil to a bowl of boiling water and inhale for 10-15 minutes.
To clean and disinfect room air in the flu season, add to the diffuser
• 4 drops of Thyme linalool essential oil
• 1 drop of Pine oil
• 2 drops of Lemon essential oil
Diffuse for up to 30 minutes at a time.
To treat a sore throat and gum infections, add 2 drops of Thyme linalool oil to a glass of warm water and gargle with the blend. The antibacterial properties of the oil will help to ward off bacteria and the immune stimulating properties will support the own body defences.
Allergy test: Use one drop of the essential oil and rub it on your inner forearm. Wait for 15 minutes. If there is redness, skin irritation or any allergic reaction, discontinue use immediately.