What are tired eyes?
If you feel heaviness in your eyes, if they are itchy, tired, red, tearing or burning, most probably you encounter eye fatigue. Tired eyes or eyestrain is a common condition that is provoked by anything requiring intensed eye work, like computer work, reading, writing, sewing, driving etc.
A digital eye strain or computer vision sindrome, is the eye fatigue of the digital era, provoked by the long time spent in front of a smartphone or any other electronic device with visual display.
Since our eyes are of extreme importance to us, it is good to help them
Quick and simple tips to overcome tired eyes
- Get enough sleep.
- Check your lightening: Avoid contrast lightening in the room, while watching TV, your smartphone or while working on the computer. When light in the room is even, that helps you avoid eye strain.
- Take breaks from the screen or your intense eye work. Try the 20-20-20 rule, every 20 minutes work, look away at something that is 20 feet(6m) away for 20 seconds. During your break you can stand up from your desk, strech your neck, legs, back and close your eyes for few minutes as well.
- Make eye gym (check for exercices in internet)Close eyes and try to relax for few minutes.
- Use computer glasses if you spend long time in front of computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Leave your eyes to rest, avoid unneccesary time spend in front of the screen, spend more times outdoors, relax, contemplate Nature.
- Make eye compress with organic chamomile hydrosol . Whenever you have extra 10-15 minutes for relaxation, or your eyes feel too tired, take 2 cotton makeup pads, wet them well with organic chamomile hydrosol and put on to your closed eyes. If possible do it while lying down, if not at least at least rest your head on the back of the chair. Try to relax for at least 7-10 minutes.